Office Trailer Cost – Office trailers, also commonly referred to as mobile offices, are pre-manufactured buildings that are normally acquired on a lease basis to be used as a temporary or short term office space.
They are the perfect solution if you require a work building in a very short period of time and offer convenience and space for all sorts of administrative functions.
Mobile offices supply a valuable amount of space to run and manage projects, inspect building prints and plans, and hold team meetings in a convenient area. An added benefit is that they are cost effective and flexible in terms of mobility. Office trailers are reasonably priced solutions for requirements of temporary space and are also very easy to set up.
Office trailers are widely utilized in construction, chiefly by contractors as on-site temporary offices. They are also used during remodeling when employees are in need of sales offices and workspaces or if an office has fallen victim to natural weather calamities. Also, they are seen as providing temporary space in applications such as education, health care, and industrial units.
Types of Office Trailers
Office trailers come in different types and are specified below:
Basic Office Trailers – These trailers are designed for the purpose of offering portability solutions and come in various different sizes. They can, therefore, very easily be moved from one place to the other and are mostly equipped with a singular open space with chairs, desks and other office needs and requirements. Due to the fact that these trailers are versatile in mobility, they are usually supported by wheels and can be hooked on to trucks for ease of transportation.
Stackable Office Trailers – Stack-able office trailers are used when office buildings are damaged by weather conditions, or when there is a requirement for a large number of office spaces due to area limitations. These types of mobile offices are modular spaces and can be divided into many offices. If additional space is required, they are also capable of being created into two story mobile offices when a plot of land is a limitation, but serve only a temporary solution.
Storage Office Trailers – Storage office trailers are appropriate when work spaces need to be doubled into storage facilities. Their doors are quite large, like garage doors, which is why large objects can easily fit into these trailers. The size of this trailer is equivalent to that of a large mobile office trailer.
Ground Level Office Trailers – Some trailers, such as ground level office trailers, are placed on the ground instead of being set up on wheels. These types of trailers are much more suitable for projects that have a long term purpose as they are not very versatile in terms of mobility as compared to the other options of office trailers.
On the basis of size, office trailers can be categorized into the following two types:
- Single-Wide Mobile Offices – Their width ranges from 8 to 14 inches and they are available in lengths of 20 to 62 inches. They are easy and quick to assemble and come with features including restrooms, overhead cargo entrances, built in cabinets, closets and storage, and office partitions. They are designed using materials of high quality and include carpeting and paneled walls for a more professional atmosphere.
- Multi-Wide Mobile Offices – These trailers have enhanced width sizes and are available in a variety of components and layouts. They are much larger and provide a space of 1,344 to 2,800 in square feet. They are equipped with the same features as single-wide office trailers but include more storage space and have multiple rooms. Because of this additional storage and width range, they are more costly and a bit more difficult to be set up as they may require cranes and other such equipment to place different sections of the trailer during its assembly.
Comparison of Office Trailer Cost
It is significant to compare the Office Trailer Cost of new, used and rentable office trailers to aid businesses in selecting the types that are a best match for their requirements and industry specifications, including the type that is most suitable according to their budget.
The prices of new, used, and rentable office trailers depend upon their features, size, age, amenities, and condition.
- Investing In New Office Trailers – Even though office trailers are used in temporary set ups, they need to be safe and secure and durable so that they can be used for different projects at affordable prices. They mostly fall between $15,000 and $45,000; pricey trailers will be larger and equipped with more amenities.
- Buying Used Office Trailers – Used models can start from $3,000 up to $20,000 in cost. Trailers inclusive of amenities like air conditioning, heat, basic furniture, and wiring with 8 to 32 feet can be priced from $3,000 to $7,000. Large trailers that are multi-wide with basic amenities will cost from $8,000 to $20,000 with dimensions of 24 x 44 square feet. A trailer that is barely used can cost between $15,000 and $20,000 with amenities inclusive of private offices and a kitchen area. They are also usually sold with steps that lead to the front door and awnings.
- Lease Prices Of Office Trailers – Office trailers are mostly leased as they are needed only for short periods of time and leasing Office Trailer Cost can range from monthly payments of $100 to $500. Payments of $100 to $200 per month for small trailers of 8 x 20 square feet. $150 to $300 for mid-sized office trailers that are of 10 x 40 square feet specifications. Large trailers of single-wide offices will range from $300 to $500 every month for 12 x 60 square feet measurements.
Options for Office Trailers
Office trailers are mostly leased and rent is paid for packages including office furniture and equipment that will come with the trailers. Folding chairs and tables in single-wide trailers can be rented for $50 a month. Office chairs and desks with a break room that is fully furnished can cost up to $1,200 a month for multi-wide office trailers. Set up and delivery charges will be from $1,000 to $5,000 and Office Trailer Cost of removal can add from $300 to $1,000. Other options to consider are adding bathrooms, security systems, entrance stairs, etc.
Leasing is mostly the most economical option for temporary usage of office trailers and they can be purchased in their newest forms only if they are required to be used as office spaces for a number of years.