Mini Excavator Cost – Mini excavators, also termed as compact excavators, are vehicles that are wheeled or tracked and are approximately around the size of skid steer loaders.
In order for these machines to effectively work in environments that require digging applications and handlings, the tracks on these machines are mounted by a heavy-duty supporting arm for better functionality.
The use of mini excavators is applicable in areas such as landscaping, forestry, brush cutting, ditch digging, demolition to grading, as well as in leveling, backfilling and grading and other utility work.
One distinguishing feature about these compact excavators is that they are capable of being customized according to various construction needs and requirements for maximization in productivity and safety.
The main components in mini excavators include engines, cabs, dozer blades, bulldozer resembling tracks and wheels, an attachment and a heavy-duty or a boom arm. The wheels and tracks help the mini excavator to move over rough leveled grounds, and dozer blades are used for the purpose of trenching, leveling, grading and backfilling. Generally, these machines are designed with an operational efficiency to last for a lifespan of up to 10,000 hours.
Types of Mini Excavators
Mini excavators are categorized into two main types and should be selected on the basis of the amount of workspace available and also on the output requirements. The two categories of mini excavators are described below and are manufactured by Hitachi, Bobcat, Terex, CAT, Case and John Deere and many others.
Tail Swing Excavators
Tail swing excavators are those models that are quite conventional and conservative in nature. These mini excavators have a rear counterweight used for stabilizing the machine throughout the time that it is in operation. A bucket is utilized to offset extra and additional weight. These tail swing excavators adopt a rotation process while they are in operation and because of this feature; the counterweight is capable of extending to six inches or a little more ahead of the width associated with the tracks of the machine.
- Impressive Features: In accordance with the trusted opinion of the industry’s leading manufacturers, mini excavators that are tail swing models are competent in offering the greatest of lifts along with a much wider lifting capacity. They are also equipped with a superior bucket and an arm breakout force. All of these impressive features are credited to the added leverage of the counterweight.
- Comfortable Operation: Tail swing excavators consist of cabs that are more spacious, thus, leading to the comfort of the operator that is extremely helpful in maneuvering and operating the machine with ease.
Due to the above mentioned benefits of this type of mini excavators, it can be widely utilized in a broad range of construction related applications. One limitation with this excavator, which occurs because of its rotating features, is that the machine may be a bit difficult to operate with ease in tight knit work areas.
Zero-Tail Swing Excavators
Zero-tail swing excavators are capable in providing equivalent levels of performance in areas such as reach, cutting height, dump height and the depth of digging, when compared to the conventional tail swing mini excavators. These models of mini excavators are a lot easier to operate along side walls and in corridors or other such barriers that are immovable, because zero-tail swing excavators are equipped with a counterweight that is competent in rotating in the width that is within the tracks of the excavator.
- Impressive Features: Zero-tail swing excavators, owing to their easy access feature, provide a cost-saving advantage and are also easily operated on ground levels. These features allow for this machine to be maintained and serviced very easily as all the main components can be kept easily within reach.
Cost Comparison of Mini Excavators
In the field of construction, the use of mini excavators or compact excavators, as they are also called, is essential and they are versatile to adapt to any work area and are useful in a broad range of tasks and applications. In comparison with their full-sized alternatives, they are a lot easier to operate even in walled spaces, especially when it comes to zero-tail swing excavators.
It is significant to compare the costs of new, rentable and old mini excavators to aid different businesses in selecting the categories that fit best to their requirement and industry specifications and also the category that best fits their budget.
The price range of new, used and rentable mini excavators fluctuate depending on features like horsepower, capacity of digging depth, and the machine size and structure, along with its age, usage and condition.
Making an Investment in New Mini Excavators
- A mini excavator that has a digging depth ranging from five feet to seven feet along with horsepower ranging from 10 to 20 can be purchased for $25,000.
- With a budget of $30,000 to $40,000, a compact excavator with a digging depth of eight to ten feet and horsepower of 20 to 30 can be bought.
- With a digging depth of twelve feet or above and horsepower of more than 40, the Mini Excavator Cost about $60,000.
An additional $5,000 to $10,000 thousand dollars should be allotted for powered attachments like augers or thumbs.
Purchasing Used Mini Excavators
Mostly, Mini Excavator Cost falls between the ranges of $15,000 to $30,000, but newer models that are used can be priced between 20,000 to 90,000 dollars.
- Mini compacts with horsepower of lower than 20 and a digging depth of lower than ten feet can be ranged between $15,000 to $20,000.
- Mini compacts with horsepower of more than 25 and a digging depth ranging between ten to twelve feet can be purchased for up to $25,000.
Renting Mini Excavator Cost
Renting these machines for short term projects is a good option rather than spending more on their purchase. Different dealers are bound to have different rental prices, based on the machine’s condition and age. Here are some average Mini Excavator Cost ranges:
- Monthly ratings can go from $2,500 to $4,000.
- Weekly ratings can fall between price ranges of $800 to $2,000.
- Daily renting charges can normally range from $150 to $500.
All of the above mentioned price ranges are based on average costs and price ranges are likely to fluctuate in respect with each specification and requirement of different brands of mini excavators.